Monday 3 June 2013

The start of a new me

So, today was meant to be the start of a new, fitter me. It hasn't started well, but more about that later. After spending 5 terms at my new school the team room cake is getting the better of me, and my jelly belly is expanding!
This became even more apparent when trousers which needed a belt to stay up in September, now feel tight. So number 1 aim - less belly flab.

Secondly I need to lose a little weight all over. It's never the best judge but my BMI has put me safely into the overweight zone for a while now. Finally, having started organising next years ski trip, I need to strengthen my knee, I do not want another winter season sat in the bar, watching others ski. This is where having a girlfriend who is a physio comes in very handy, and I'm sure I will be supplied with plenty of ski based exercises to strengthen me up over the coming weeks and months. All of this needed to change so on the program is 5 exercise sessions a week;
 - cycling
 - swimming
 - gym
 - canoeing
 - and finally a stretch and strength session for my dodgy knees. At the very least this exercise session must stay a weekly thing.

This plan was all going well, I had planned a nice little 10 mile cycle route, admired the beautiful sunshine on my way home from work, eaten, and pulled out my old cycling top from the bottom of the drawer. Out I went, ready to go, only to find a flat tyre on my bike and after a lot of pumping a puncture to go with it. Damn!

So jogging replaced cycling for the first days exercise, and after a measly 2 miles I returned, panting, sweaty and red faced. This exercise regime is long over due!

Why not subscribe to see how I get on in the future, I will share my progress, and any tips to keep going or ski fit exercises along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment